Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OUCH

Just a quick update, have been busier than ever w/work and life in general.

We started P90x last night, man that first workout was painful. I always hated chin ups and was never a real big fan of push ups neither, so almost a whole hour of that crap really had me going. Tonight is Plyometrics, which I hear isn't much easier.

Through all the pain, I certainly got a great workout and I look forward to seeing what else the program has to offer. Erin held up like a champ and I am proud of her for doing this program with me.

I plan to update daily as we progress through this program and plan to update with pics and specs as I get time.

For those of you who haven't tried P90x yet, I would say to take a look at it. It's a well rounded, thought out, no brainer of a workout and eating plan. I look forward to the results and believe it will help assist me in my training. My plan is to do two cycles (180 days) of it, which will then allow me to focus purely on running at the beginning of the year, giving me 5 months to train for my first marathon in 2010.

Life is so much better with goals and a plan. Sometimes we don't hit our goals and sometimes our plans don't quite work out, but they are worth setting anyway, just for the day to day journey.

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on your progress here after Tim sent me over from his blog. Interested to see how the p90x workout plans go for you AND your wife. I like the last paragraph about goals and plans. Good things to have.

    ReplyDelete